Tags on:

ANGGUN CIPTA SASMI: SHORT BIO

Anggun is an Indonesian singer but now her nationality was change to France. Even she was changed her nationality, but she never forgot about Indonesia. In Paris , Anggun met the one who is today the man of her life. "My French lover, became in 2004, my husband, he was subtle and elegant with me. With an endless patience, he was able to find the right words to speak with me. With a noble mind and a great sensitivity, he was persuasive enough to make me believe that Love will last forever. Olivier is very worried about my comfort, he is always busy taking care of me.When you ask Anggun, what make her so beautiful, she spontaneously answer : "The man I love!". Anggun is not attracted by being a model, but she knows that it is her job to pause for the magazines. She definitively feels more comfortable on a stage, in front of a microphone or in a studio, and she does not want to spend too much time in front of a camera. When she was in her teens, Anggun Cipta Sasmi- her name means "a grace created in a dream"- was already one of Indonesia's best-selling rock singers. Today she shares her life between Paris and Montreal, Canada, after staying few years in Paris were she released her international pop debut, Snow on the Sahara, which was featured in a worldwide campaign for the watch manufacturer Swatch. The album was a tremendous success, in France, Italy, Switzerland, Singapore, Finland.

Born on April 29, 1974, in Jakarta, Anggun was the second child and first daughter of an artist, Darto Singo, and a housewife who was from a noble Javanese family. She was raised in Yogyakarta, the capital city of Central Java, known for still being the center of Indonesian Art. Her father did not want her to have a conventional education. So he sent her to a Catholic School where she learned English. She started singing at the age of 9, encouraged by her parents and her career was taken in charge by her father. After few years of successes when she was 19 , attracted by the Western world, she left Indonesia on a flight to London. She was looking for new challenges and curious to know how was the life on the other part of the ocean. But it was tough adjusting to the drastic changes from Jakarta to London. "I hated everything," she says. "I didn't connected with the atmosphere in London. "I was too naive to believe that I could live in London by myself. In addition life was terribly expensive, the cooking awful, and it was raining too much.". She moved for a short while to Amsterdam, where a large Indonesian community is established. Finally she moved again and landed in Paris. She lived in Paris for six years, she learnt and now speaks fluent French.
" It was love at first sight!" she confirms. "The city was absolutely breathtaking and inspiring. The weather was less rainy. Everywhere I went, it welcomed me. Suddenly I felt at home." She established in Montreal (Canada) for few years after wards. She is now back to Paris and lives in Monmartre, the artist's area of the city of Paris, with Cyril Montana, a novelist. On January 2008, Kirana, her first baby was born and she is now an happy and delighted mother.

Source: Anggun

Photo source: Anggun




2 Sweet Notes:

  1. It seems you have so many informative and interesting posts here. Indeed, I will come back to read your future writings.

    Thanks!

    Realities and Realizations
    Innovations and Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank Myraine. I appreciate it very much....and I'll do so to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Live Your Life © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters